Melanie has over 25 years' experience as a development professional in the UK; 10 fundraising for the Royal Academy of Arts and the Natural History Museum and 15 as a consultant with a range of heritage, cultural, arts and non-profit organisations. She has a passion for driving philanthropic support to increase access to and engagement with culture and heritage.
Melanie began fundraising in the US with a consultancy specialising in the cultural, charity and political sectors. Prior to that, she had a 7-year career in advertising as an account director for mainstream agencies and brands. Melanie takes a bespoke and personal approach with organisations; her aim is to help them develop successful long term philanthropic relationships.
Often combining strategic guidance with hands-on work for clients, Melanie has helped to meet the demand for support during capital, revenue and endowment campaigns, large projects, growth and development, staff change or transition. Following recommendations from her fundraising assessments, audits, consultations and feasibility studies, clients have often used her consultancy to guide them through the initial stages of implementation.
In 2006, Melanie founded Stoutzker Fundraising Partnership with a small team of expert associates, leading and collaborating on a wide range of fundraising client projects.
Work for clients includes:
- combined campaign planning and implementation support
- Capital, endowment, revenue and programme fundraising guidance and support
- major gift programmes and solicitation of high net worth individuals
- feasibility studies for capital and combined campaigns
- audits and reviews of fundraising strategy, programmes, resourcing and skills
- case for support development
- prospect research management
- Interim support for organisations in times of transition and recruitment
- building effective volunteer leadership and management
- staff and board level solicitation training
- fundraising team building, recruitment and training
- guidance on effective skills and resourcing